Tuesday, August 11, 2026

I'm Over a Year

Hello friends and family, Sorry I haven't written much for a while. The mission has been going well, and the mission split has been good too. I don't remember much about what I've written home about it already, but I have been officially reassigned to the brand new Texas Dallas North Mission. The Dallas West and East missions had their boundaries realigned and formed the North mission. I'm still in the Frisco 3rd ward, same place I've been the last couple transfers, with a new companion, Elder Harmon. Elder Harmon came from the East mission and hes from North Las Vegas. He loves music, and we're adjusting to each other pretty well. It's been a little difficult since we came from two very different mission cultures, but it's going well so far. We're doing a lot more public contacting, that's his favorite way to find. We had a friend named Anupam who was progressing super quickly, he loves the gospel! But he moved to Poland last week, so that's a bummer. The Polish missionaries got a golden investigator, it should be exciting for them! Other friends have come and gone since the last time I wrote. Right now we're teaching this awesome guy named Jason. He has a daughter with down syndrome, which makes it difficult for him and his wife to make it to church, but he loves having us over and learning from the scriptures with us. He's super interested in the Book of Mormon too. We're trying to get him to read it consistently, every day. We have a friend named Mike we're teaching too. He's been Christian all his life and we've been helping him get a little deeper into his faith. He came to church a couple weeks ago, but it's been difficult to get in contact with him since then. He started working overnights and we can't seem to catch him at a good time. I'm hopeful that when he gets settled into the new schedule, we can meet with him again. With the mission split, my transfer schedule got shifted a little, and I've ended up with 4 fewer weeks on my mission than I initially planned on. I'll be home in mid-June next year. Our next transfer is in two weeks, I'll make sure to write when that news comes. I will likely be moving, I've been here in Frisco for three transfers now. Elder Harmon is half convinced that he's going to train next transfer, we'll see what happens. Sorry for the long email, it's been a while since the last one. I'll make sure to write more consistently from here on out. Love y'all! Elder Mullins
Elder Humphries found a baby frog
These are our new mission boundaries.
Snapping turtle that came to say hi to us at the park.
Elder Humphries and me in front of the Frisco sign at the mall,
We tried to make caramel, but it didn't work.
We found a stuffed giraffe at Scheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Over a Year

Hello friends and family, Sorry I haven't written much for a while. The mission has been going well, and the mission split has been goo...